Monday, February 20, 2006

Leader

Until i completed my college I never really knew the importance of a leader in a team driven environment. Of course I was part of sports/cultural teams in school but then I was more than happy to just be able to do what I was supposed to (after a lot of effort though). But now I also analyse happenings and people around me. The one thing that really intrigues me is the role of a leader.
A leader can make-or-break a team or complete corporation for that matter, inspire or discourage, can make you confident by trusting you with what you do. He has the power to change your thinking/opinion for good or bad. Yes, i have gone through all these above phases and thats exactly why I am intrigued by this role and it's power.
I have worked under both the good leader and not so good leader and trust me you can tell the difference not by the way they function but the way you function. Your attitude, perception and level of confidence tend to change completely.
It's now that all those history lessons of great revolutions and wars lead by inspiring leaders start to make sense. Because I always wondered how people so foolishly sacrificed their lives and livelihood on the command of some maniac who though what he aspired for (freedom, justice or revenge for that matter) was what everybody else aspired. Without them history would not be so colourful and more boring.

It's scary and overwhelming at the same time with the amount of power you posses as a leader to influence peoples lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home