Monday, January 16, 2006

Stop me..

Somebody stop me from the marathon of watching friends.

I shouldn't have bought the DVD's in the first place.
It's an addiction.
Everytime I watch I happen to ponder "what made this sitcom so famous?"
Is it because
> It's easier to relate to the life they are leading?
> We get to see freindship that stands the test of time?
> Laughter in every alternate frame?
> People with different backgrounds, aspirations and characters gelling so well?
> Simple fundas of life that we get to learn?

I guess characters in it make it different and likable. Every character in this sitcom has a trait like..
Chandler's comic timing.
Phoebe's weirdness.
Joey's IQ.
Ross's sinusoidal life (or rather 'attenuated sinusoidal life').
Monica's clean-freak nature.
Rachel's hilarious expressions.

It's never possible to pick just one character that you like. It's like a jigsaw puzzle with these six characters as the pieces, it would be incomplete with even one missing piece.

It's sad that the sitcom has come to an end. Not sure if we will have another sitcom like Friends that can actually make you 'laugh the hell out'.


As I am nearing the end of this post it is dawning on me that I actually enjoy watching this stuff and should not be repenting.


Ok, I guess now I got to get myself another pack of wafers and get to the 4th season for the n'th time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home